Saturday, February 25, 2006

updatum

Hope last night went well. Pissed I couldn't make it, actually! Nice time with visitors, though. So all well. We were right in * We need some kind of meeting - not least to ascertain *. With that we can plan some strategies for making the best of the improv situation. Just to say again, a * thing is not my thing. So, in that sense, I am in the dark about how ** see things. A line-up of * is difficult to streer away from * in my experience! So if we do go for that line-up, we need to devise some kind of effective filter/situation/series of limitations to keep it *-free! Neither, though, does it want to be *! No point, for me - as I said - in being a parallel *. Personally, I am after a more defined art and sound beast; substantially moving on from the things I have done before. That, with a punk tinge - aesthetically in some ways, but more to do with attitude, as we discussed - will, I think, be very interesting. As you can see from the stuff on my blog http://murmurists.blogspot.com I see visuals as part of the thing, and text, and inventing a kind of fiction - all helping to gain a real identity, as you said re. the punk flyers, etc. I see nothing wrong with being, well, 'utopian' in that sense, in terms of outlook. I'm all for realism and pragmatics, but one still has to dream! I might be in my 40s, but I am anything but jaded! And I'm not talking about limiting it all to the cold chill of Northamptonian opinion, either! With all that in mind, I emailed * - canvassing his feelings on being involved. I am impressed with his artworks/soundworks and with his general attitude and vitality. He expressed a definite interest and is getting back to me. Again, a meeting is in the offing. Hope that all sounds good to you. Let me know your feelings when you've got a minute. Hope your weekend is relaxing. Best wishes, Anthony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home